Thursday, December 8, 2016

Preparing for coursework - DAY 3 - REFINING THE SCRIPT

My first mistake was to get carried away by the thrill of the task given. The storyboard I've written initially seems to be too long for a two minutes opening sequence, therefore, I need to revise it again to make it fit the time limit.


Below is my original draft of the script:


I went as far as creating a detailed storyboard with annotations... But realized that too much dialogues about the 'story' might not work as well. The film opening should set up the key conventions by the four micro-elements, not dialogue of people talking about what is, or has, or will be happening. The better film makes us, viewers, realize their intentions without having the characters spell them for us.

Below is my second draft of the script:






(Process: I used an online website called Celtx to help prepare my script writing.)

The FINAL script is as below:




No comments:

Post a Comment