Thursday, December 15, 2016

Preparing for coursework - DAY 6 - STORYBOARD and ANIMATICS

After refining the scripts, I move on to story-boarding. The idea is to illustrate camera works and to jot down initial thoughts of how the editing could go. I have finished the one for my original first draft, but in the end, decided to go for the later one. Below is my original sketches which I decided didn't work that well. 







Process of the finalized storyboard is below:

[16/12/2016]

Before working on the second scene, I think it is best to wait and see what our location looks like, and since the bookings and arrangements of the room have not yet been confirmed, I don't want to risk drawing a storyboard that doesn't fit with the location's features. One way to create meaning is to use the location itself as a mise-en-scene, relating the characters with their actions and reactions.

Meanwhile, I decided to put the 'Dream sequence' (Part one of the script) into an animatic. This allows me to have a rough idea on how long each cuts would take in the real editing, so as to test the sounds effects.



The scene takes about 40 seconds in total. This somewhat worries me. It took much longer than I have expected it to. The scene in Victor's apartment will therefore, definitely exceeds over the limitation of two minutes. However, in order to fully portray my 'crime thriller' conventions, the scene needs to go through to the end. I predicted an overall 4 minute opening scene... which is... WHOAH! Wait a minute! ---


No comments:

Post a Comment